You can follow the following steps to import datasets from your Google Sheets. Each connection is allowed to import only one google sheet file. If there are several worksheets in your file, each worksheet becomes a separate table. For example, if your google sheet file has 4 worksheets, they will be displayed in 4 tables on Acho.
1. Go to the Resources page and click the Add Resource button.
2. In the "Select a data source" step, select Google Sheets under the Application tab.
3. In the "Configure the data source" step, Acho offers two methods to connect your Google Sheets:
4. Click Finish Setup. You will see a
icon next to your Google Sheets resource. It may take a few minutes to several hours to retrieve data depending on the data size and the number of your tables. Once your APP's data is ready, you will receive a notification email.
1. Open your Google Sheet.
Click the Share button again to make sure Acho's address exists in your list.
3. Click the address bar and copy the spreadsheet ID between
/edit#in the URL. (See the following graph)
Please check the following points:
- 3.Check if there is an empty sheet in your google sheet. If some of the worksheets have no data, please delete them. For example, Sheet1 in the following example is empty. You should remove it to avoid the failure of the connection.
4. The first row in any worksheets cannot be empty. Acho considers the first row as a header, and thus the system occurs errors if the first row is empty.
If your google sheet is supposed to have 5 columns, but it only displays 3 columns on Acho.
Please check if any column name is empty. Empty columns name may make Google's API unable to parse the file correctly, and thus some columns may be missing when importing data to Acho. Here are some examples that are possible to cause this issue:
- One of the columns has an empty column name. By adding the column name, the problem can be solved.
- One of the columns is empty. By deleting the empty columns, the issue can be solved.