1. Go to the Resources page and click the Add Resource button.
2. In the "Select a data source" step, select Google Analytics under Apps.
3. In the "Configure the data source" step:
Pick up a project: Log in to your Google account and choose one of the properties of views.
Resource Name: Name your Google Analytics resource
Start Date:Retrieve data from a specific date and time. The date should be defined in UTC date and time, such as 2017-01-25T00:00:00Z.
5. Click Finish Setup. You will see a
icon next to your Google Analytics resource. It may take a few minutes to several hours depending on the data size and the number of your tables. Once your APP's data is ready, you will receive a notification email.
Each report in Google Analytics is made up of dimensions and metrics. You can create your own reports by defining metrics and dimensions in the configuration of the connection. Also, you can create several reports at a time by clicking
. Each report will display in a table on Acho.
When creating a custom report, you should specify the following fields:
- View name: The name of the report. Be careful that the view name can only contain alphabets, numbers, or underscores. For example, "new_users_per_day" is a valid name for a report, but "new users per day " is invalid.
- Metrics: the attribute of visitors to your website, such as devices they use or sources they come from. Each report can contain no more than 7 dimensions, and they must all be unique.
- Dimensions (optional): the attribute of visitors to your website, such as devices they use or sources they come from. Each report can contain no more than 7 dimensions, and they must all be unique.
Some metrics and dimensions cannot be contained in a single report. You can use the UA Dimensions & Metrics Explorer to see which metrics and dimensions can be put together in your report. Take the following graph as an example. If you specify
User Typein your dimensions, you cannot choose
1 DAY Active Usersin your metrics.
When you import custom reports to the project, you may find some of the reports are empty. One of the reasons to cause this situation is that some of the dimensions and metrics should not be used together. Thus, GA cannot retrieve data correctly. You can go here to see which dimensions and metrics can be combined together. When you select a metric or dimension, other metrics or dimensions that are not allowed to be put together will become grey.