To start building your first app, you can follow the following steps.
- 1.Connect with a data source as a Resource
Most data sources are supported here including flat files (.csv, xlsx, .txt, json), databases (MySQL, MongoDB, Snowflake, BigQuery, etc), and Applications (API, CRMs, ERPs, and more)
2. Go to App Builder and create a new app project
Simply create a new app project in the “App Builder” section. Each app project would contain one unique application with a unique root URL, set of databases, front-end components, and services.
3. Switch to the Create tab on the right and drag the first page to the canvas.
4. Click the page and configure the page name and path on the right.
5. Double-click the page to enter editing mode.
6. In the editing mode, you can construct the page layout by dragging any element from the Create panel and dropping it on the page. In this example, drag a table element to the page.
7. Once finishing editing the page, you can exit the editing mode by clicking the
button on the right of the page.
8. Now you can configure your data source by dragging data nodes from the Data panel to the canvas. Data nodes are the main data source of the app. Currently, we support three types of data nodes:
- Acho Resource: Connect to your data source and replicate the data from the data source to the data warehouse hosted by Acho.
- Direct Resource: Connect to and query against your database directly. Currently, the direct connector support PostgreSQL, Snowflake, MySQL, and MongoDB.
- Transformation Node: Support querying against data from other data nodes.
(In the rest of the tutorial, we will use PostgreSQL as an example)
9. Change the name of the data node on the right panel.
10. Double-click the data node and write a query to retrieve data.
11. Now go back to the page editing mode. Click the table and link the data nodes to the table. (See here to learn more details)
12. Exit the editing mode and click the canvas. Set the home page as the entry page, which means the first page of the app.
13. Click the Preview button on the top right to see the result.
14. Once your app is constructed, you can click the Publish button to publish your app and share the link with other people.