This document is for customers who need to set up the connection between Metabase and Acho for the first time.
Metabase is a popular open-source visualization tool, but it only supports importing data from databases, such as MySQL, BigQeury, etc. Acho can help you import data from spreadsheets or apps and host a database on our server, so you can export any type of data to Metabase. The process includes three steps:
1. Click the export button on the top right of the table.
2. Select Metabase and click Export to Workflow.
3. In Workflow, drag Metabase from the right sidebar to the canvas. Then, link it to the table that you want to export.
- Each Acho's account has a unique set of credentials for Metabase.
- Every time you export data to Metabase, you can find the credentials. However, you only need these credentials for the first time to build the connection in Metabase.
- 1.Open your Metabase and click Admin on the top-right gear icon
2. Navigate to Settings > Setup and click Add a database.
3. Follow the instructions below to complete the configuration.
Database type: Choose BigQuery.
Name: The name of the database in your Metabase.
- (Optional) If you need to customize when Metabase should sync with Acho, please turn on the button, This is a large database, so let me choose when Metabase syncs and scans.
4. Click Save and the connected database will show up on the homepage.
If this is your first time connecting a database, you might encounter a timeout error when you save. This issue can be fixed by changing your Metabase connection timeout variable. Visit the Metabase documentation here to see how to change environmental variables based on how you're running Metabase (JAR File or Docker).
This is the variable to change and what it should be changed to:
If you apply some actions to change your table, you can follow the steps below to sync your table to Metabase. (Note: if you already turn on Data Sync for your table, the changes will be sent to Metabase when Data Sync runs)
1. Go to workflow and click the edge between the table and Metabase. Then, click Run.
2. Go to Metabase, and click Admin on the top-right gear icon.
3. Navigate to Databases and click the Database Name you created during the setup of the database.
4. Click Sync database schema now to retrieve the tables from Acho
5. Click the gear icon on the top right, and click Exit admin.
6. Click the Database Name again
7. The exported Acho table will show up in your Metabase now.
1. Delete the table on Acho
2. Click "Sync database schema now" again
3. The table in the Metabase database will automatically be deleted
1. Go to Setting (top-right gear) > Admin > Database > Your Acho Database Name
2. Click "Remove this database"